|Employer||Lower Kootenay Band|
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of five (5) years previous experience in a senior administrative position with significant experience in a leadership capacity
• Knowledge of Indigenous Services Canada (ISC), First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), CMHC, and First Nation funding
• Knowledge of internal controls, audit requirements and procedures and corporate business tax returns.
• Advanced level of information technology/computer skills including proficiency in ACCPAC/SAGE
• Experience in government revenue sources and taxation
• Financial policy setting and administration
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with federal and provincial government policies and programs related for First Nation's governments and organizations as well as their special reporting requirements.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Heather Suttie, Chief Administrative Officer
Lower Kootenay Band
3425 Hwy 21/Old Community Road
Creston, BC V0B 1G2
Closing Date: Applications for the position will be accepted until a qualified candidate has been chosen.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Located in the south eastern part of British Columbia, the Town of Creston has a unique blend of mountains, lakes, farms, orchards and forests. The population of Creston is 5,000 and the trading area serves about 15,000 people. The Lower Kootenay Band (LKB) has 200 plus members and is a member of the Ktunaxa Nation.
The Senior Finance Officer provides financial expertise, consultation and leadership to the Lower Kootenay Band (LKB). The position develops, in cooperation with staff and for approval by Council, short, medium and long-term integrated budget and cash flow projections and financial management plans to correspond with community development plans and special projects. This position is responsible for the accounting functions including supervising payroll, property tax calculations and audit. This is a complex organization, both structurally and financially as it includes for-profit and non-profit segments and multiple funding sources. This requires the application of a variety of accounting procedures from public sector to business accounting.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
|Address||3425 Hwy 21/Old Community Road|