|Employer||City of Fernie|
• Graduation from a recognized technical institute in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
• Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C.
• Previous working experience, minimum five years, in municipal infrastructure design and drafting including proficiency in Civil 3D.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• Previous success in customer service, client/consultant management and report writing.
• Strong communication, technical and analytical skills.
• Interpersonal skills to foster a positive team environment and support a culture of safety.
• Familiarity with municipal and provincial design standards in British Columbia and other Canadian provinces.
• Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent computer skills including in depth knowledge and experience working in an MS Office environment.
• Can demonstrate strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effectively communicating with stakeholders, citizens, and colleagues.
• Detail oriented with strong technical and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of municipal and BC provincial design standards.
• Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle confidential enquiries and information.
• Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Complete site surveys, input survey data into a base plan, and create models in Civil 3D to form the basis of detailed engineering design for infrastructure upgrades.
• Support the execution of a wide variety of civil engineering projects and municipal infrastructure upgrades.
• Prepare and review plans and drawings, contract documents, and cost estimates.
• Coordinate activities for the completion of projects requiring technical expertise.
• Prepare and maintain technical reports and records, inspection reports, photos, and field books.
• Assemble technical data, analyze, and prepare statistical reporting to support internal and external information reporting requirements.
• Coordinate activities and generate solutions for the completion of projects requiring engineering expertise and advice.
• Provides technical support for the maintenance and operation of all existing assets.
• Responds to inquiries from residents, utility companies, engineers, developers, and other stakeholders related to City infrastructure.
• Liaise with engineering consultants and supervise and direct contractors for the successful construction of municipal capital, maintenance, and operating projects.
• Assist in the development and evaluation of policies, standards, bylaws, and procedures.
• Undertakes training as required. Completes EOC training.
• All employees shall work in accordance with the City of Fernie’s Safety Management System.
• Other duties as required.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Detailed applications containing resume and cover letter should be emailed to Jenny Weir; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Name||Jenny Weir|
|Address||City Hall 501 3 rd Ave, Box 190|