|Employer||Columbia Valley Housing Society|
ESSENTIAL & PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Project management, including fund development and grant writing.
• Familiarity with government operations and processes.
• Strong computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Multi-pronged communication experience (digital, print, application writing).
• Knowledge and ability to maximize social media platforms such as writing posts, creating events and general oversight of our accounts as well as updating the CVHS websites.
• Detail and deadline oriented.
• Calm, mature approach with innovative ideas and a willingness to contribute enthusiastically.
• Confidence to take on new tasks and projects without a high amount of supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Experience in budgeting & bookkeeping processes is considered a strong asset but not required.
• Building design, construction, and land development experience are considered strong assets.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with local, provincial, and federal community partners to deliver new affordable housing.
• Create and deliver an education campaign for homeowners on processes to add a secondary suite or carriage house.
• Provide insight into developing housing using the Housing Needs Assessments from each Columbia Valley community.
• Prepare documents for funding including applications and reporting.
• Prepare monthly updates for the housing society board of directors.
• Prepare quarterly updates for local governments.
• Administer all things related to the Columbia Valley Housing Society, including but not limited to: o Organizing and running monthly board meetings, open-house events, and workshops.
o Internal & External Communications for the Society.
o Managing the content on the CV Housing Website.
• Work with developers and board directors to explore opportunities for projects to be moved forward.
• Seek funding from non-government organizations towards building.
• Prepare documents and applications for programs through entities like BC Housing and CMHC.
• Being a new role, other duties may be added as required.
• This role is primarily office-based, out of the Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce office, however work-related travel outside of the region will occur from time to time.
• The majority of your work will occur during business hours however there will be some early mornings, weekend, and evening work as operations dictate.
• A blend of remote work is an option however maintaining a home base in the Columbia Valley, and, demonstrating knowledge of our local economy & community is integral to this role being successful.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Pete Bourke|
|Address||651 Hwy 93/95|