|Salary||Depending on Experience|
|Start Date||As soon as the right candidate is found|
To assist with daily office tasks, including maintaining the database and other software, preparing documents, answering phone calls, and responding to correspondence. To help ensure effective and efficient office operations. To always be a professional representative of Global Fruit.
Skills and experiences:
- High school Diploma (minimum).
- Minimum 5 years professional, office, and customer service experience.
- Competent in the use of computers and internet research.
- Knowledgeable and efficient in the use of office equipment and office software, and able to learn new software quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional attitude when dealing with people, in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Organized, with time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Able to set goals and prioritize duties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal review.
- Ability to hold information in strict confidence and exercise a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to work long hours during the peak season, in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Ability to flex time and willing and able to work from home in the evenings, or on days off, if needed.
- Flexible and willing & able to travel occasionally if required.
- Clear criminal record check.
Skills and Experiences
- Complete new Vendor Setup documents, as required.
- Manage customer portals and EDI systems. Respond to customer requests, complaints, and claims.
- Input &/or update data for customers & growers/packers in the Famous ERP program.
- Order processing and data entry.
- Assist with the order process when appropriate, i.e.: arrange for Phytosanitary Inspections, arrange for documents to be couriered to customers, prepare invoices and send them to customers, and process payouts to growers.
- Liaison with CFIA & BC Cherry Association regarding applications and inspections
- Prepare correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents, using Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Handle documents appropriately, i.e.: make copies, file, shred, etc.
- Maintain inventories of office supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Answer phone calls, and greet visitors to the office, in a professional and friendly manner.
- Prepare end of season summaries and Market Reports for growers, including claims in both Canadian and US Dollars.
- Maintain office equipment, databases, and office software (Famous program)
- Monitor company emails and respond accordingly.
- Monitor industry websites/portals and perform online research.
- Assist Controller, Salespeople, Food Safety Coordinator, and Logistics when required.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures annually, or as time permits.
- Other assigned duties, as required.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
|Contact Name||Tanya Rowter|