|Employer||City of Fernie|
• Must be at least 17 years of age
• National Lifeguard Service award
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
• Current Standard First Aid Certification or equivalent
• Current CPR Level C Certification
• Lifesaving Instructor (preferred)
• Must be able to maintain pleasant and effective relations with the public and employees of the City, even in adverse conditions.
• Must have knowledge of the prescribed standards for the Canadian Red Cross Society and the Lifesaving Society, insofar as their programs and services deal with the Aquatic Centre.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of water rescue, first aid and resuscitation methods and must be able to perform these necessary skills as required.
The City of Fernie is inviting applications for up to ten (10) positions of Casual Lifeguard/Instructor I. This position is included in the Collective Bargaining Unit for CUPE Local 2093 and is classified under the description of Lifeguard / Instructor I. This is a casual position working weekdays, weekends, and evenings. Reporting to the Aquatics Supervisor and the Director of Parks, Facilities and Recreation or their delegate. This casual Lifeguard / Instructor I, promotes education to the public about water safety on or near the water, and ensures proper behaviour standards are maintained by the participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principal responsibilities include ensuring the safety, protection, and enjoyment of those engaged in activities in or out of the water at the Aquatic Centre, assisting in the development of a wide range of aquatic services and programs, performs lifeguarding, instructional and janitorial tasks related to the operation of the Aquatic Centre.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Supervises and controls aquatic activity, acting as a lifeguard.
• Makes rescues and provides aid to patrons in accordance with established procedures and completes reports as required.
• Enforces the rules and regulations of the Aquatic Centre and ensures that all safety and behavioral standards are maintained by participants.
• Ensures that safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards and practices are maintained.
• Instructs a variety of swim and water safety lessons and maintains related participant records.
• Responds to customer inquires and deals with patrons tactfully and courteously.
• Leads activities, special events and games during public swim sessions and theme days.
• Conducts water tests as required and adjusts water chemical levels as directed to ensure a safe and comfortable balance for patrons.
• Prepares and submits records and reports as required.
• Performs janitorial tasks and other duties as assigned.
Applicants shall be performance-oriented individuals who are able to work well with others as well as independently with little supervision.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please submit detailed applications containing cover letter, resume and references addressed to:
Kathleen Goodman – Aquatic Supervisor
250 Pine Ave. P.O Box 190, Fernie BC V0B 1M0
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Name||Kathleen Goodman|