|Employer||Lower Kootenay Band|
|Terms||Temporary Casual (2022 Growing Season)|
|Start Date||late May to early June|
• Be dependable, enthusiastic and possess good work habits
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and extended hours
• Be physically fit and able to lift up to 30 kg
• Able to stoop, bend, crouch and kneel for extended periods of time
• Able to work in outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, wind)
• Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be respectful
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
• Able to function as part of a diverse team and interface with the community.
A knowledge of and appreciation of the culture and values of the Yaqan Nukiy would be an asset.
The Agricultural worker, under the direction of the Farm Manager, will primarily be responsible to plant, monitor and harvest agricultural products. The Agricultural worker must possess ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands. Certifications and/or licences appropriate to industry are assets.
This position reports to the directly to the Farm Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in a variety of tasks related to the maintenance of the Market Garden and YN Farms
• Adhere to LKB, HR policies and all other employment policies
• Assist in planting, maintaining and harvesting the garden crop as required
• Perform manual labour, able to lift 30 kg or less as required
• Installation and repair of fences
• Assist with cattle when needed
• Additional reasonable duties as requested by the supervisor.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Dave Mutch: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Name||Dave Mutch|