• Must have previous experience working as a bike mechanic (2-3 years preferred)
• Working knowledge of bicycle components and repairs
• Problem solving creativity
• Competent in bike repair, diagnosis, and maintenance
• Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast-paced environment is a must
• Must be friendly and approachable, and passionate about biking!
• Knowledge of the local Fernie trail system an asset
• Service writing experience an asset, but we can train on the job
• Formal training/certs an asset (S-tec, Sram STU, PBMA etc.)
• Experience as a ski tech an asset
If this sounds like you, come join our highly-skilled, rad team.
This isn’t just a workplace, this is Gearhub!
Can’t live without epic adventures and the outdoors? Do you eat, breathe, and sleep bikes and gear? Join our legendary, local bike shop in the heart of downtown Fernie where you leave work to shred the trails!
Be a part of our high-functioning, award-winning team and show off your skills in a face-paced & customer-focused environment. Work with like-minded people who love biking and skiing as much as you do. Think you can keep up?
We pride ourselves on phenomenal customer service and building authentic relationships. We are an industry-leading store that is constantly growing and if you got what it takes, we want YOU to be a part of our dynamic team.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Walk-in customer service
• Service writing support
• Management of workload and cue
• Building and repackaging bikes
• Quality control checks
• Wrenching bikes- anything and everything
• Rental bike maintenance
• Use of e-bike softwares and POS
• Parts department support and restocking
• Ecomm Support and communication Inspections, working with Ecom.
• Opening and Closing duties
Please apply online or send us a cover letter and resume at email@example.com or drop one off in person at the shop! 401 1st Ave, Fernie BC.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email or In Person