|Employer||Canadian Mental Health Association for the Kootenays|
- This position is open to FEMALE candidates only due to the nature of the position
- Diploma in related human or social services field.
- One (1) year (minimum) recent related experience.
- Is knowledgeable and has an awareness of domestic violence issues
- Strong communication skills
- Current BC Driver’s License and Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Screens prospective residents for suitability prior to admission. Conducts intake interviews. Orients and assists residents to settle in the house.
- Assesses residents’ immediate needs and assists them to define and implements an action plan. Provides information to residents on resources available and recommends appropriate services.
- Assesses and ensures the safety and comfort of residents and the security of the facility. Facilitates resolution of conflicts between residents.
- Provides emotional support, encouragement, goal setting and problem solving support to residents. Provides parenting skills development and suggestions for childcare activities, when required.
- Liaises with other service agencies and professionals, as required. Maintains current knowledge of issues and resources related to abuse and violence.
- Ensures housekeeping services such as laundry, housecleaning, grocery shopping and maintaining supplies are completed. Orders supplies / groceries; performs minor maintenance.
- Provides information, assistance, crisis intervention and risk assessment for residents and Women’s Shelter and Help Line (AKA crisis line) and callers.
- Maintains detailed and accurate case notes, resident records, documents, forms and statistical information.
- Accompanies and / or transports residents to outside services.
- Performs other related duties as required
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
|Contact Name||Lori Bender|
|Address||100 - 1000 21st Avenue North|