|Employer||Panorama Mountain Resort|
|Start Date||November 1,2021|
Working directly under our Resort Sous Chef the Chef de Partie is a key contributor to exceeding guest expectations for all food service offered in our T-Bar & Grill, and flagship restaurant Alto Kitchen and Bar. This is a leadership position where you are accountable for developing and leading a vibrant team that always delivers industry leading quality. You will also play an integral part in our food & beverage management team and are accountable for the cost controls and standard operating procedures for all back of house areas. Building positive relationships with all vendors, operators, and employees of Panorama Mountain Resort will be a key measurable in your success. You have an attitude to complete tasks and projects while contributing to our resort goals. This is a diverse position that changes as the seasons change in the resort. The schedule for this position also fluctuates to meet the demands of our guests and needs of the management team.
Essential functions, either assisting the Resort Sous Chef or taking complete ownership, include but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for proper storage procedures, food orders, food costs, equipment, sanitation, and hygiene of the outlet exceeding health & safety regulations as required by the Interior Health Board of British Columbia.
• Daily measurement and scheduling of labour schedules and requirements, according to budgeted costs.
• Constantly analyzes cost and quality of food production.
• Inspect kitchen facility daily for hygiene, safety, and sanitation, implementing corrective procedures using the opening and closing checklist.
• Check food displays for quality, creativity, cleanliness, and food safety.
• Communicate and offer recommendations for increasing revenue or decreasing COG’s and labour.
• Responsible for the tracking of transfers to other departments.
• Submit payroll information weekly as per set deadlines.
• Conduct inventory counts regularly, and within the timelines required.
• Maintain a system to monitor and correct slow-moving products, making menu adjustments to fall in line with industry trends when applicable.
• Maintain a system around securing all storerooms and fridge / freezer areas to prevent theft.
• Advise Panorama Safety Committee of any incidents and prepare incident reports.
• Assist with the creation of food instruction manuals, in conjunction with the Food Safe Plan, ensuring all staff creates dishes with the same consistency.
• Ensure that all products are being rotated and that a high quality of freshness is always maintained.
• This is a full-time, seasonal position.
• Minimum of (2) years of culinary supervisory experience in high volume kitchen operations.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer literacy especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Desire to succeed, learn and develop in a professional environment.
• Red Seal certification or industry recognized experience
• Food safe certification or provincial equivalent.
• Resort and/or catering experience preferred.
• Should be able handle excessive heat and excessive hours of standing and stress.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
|Contact Name||Julie McSweeney|
|Address||2030 Summit Drive|