|Salary||$130,000 - $160,000|
The Parastone team of companies has been providing landmark construction and development services in the beautiful East Kootenay region of British Columbia for the past twenty years. Parastone is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will lead the development, planning and execution of commercial and residential construction projects. Current projects for 2021 include a twenty-two unit apartment building, renovation and addition to a local elementary school and the development of amenities on lands owned. The Project Manager will report to the General Manager and the Senior Management Team.
· Develop, monitor, and control the scope of deliverables, work plans, schedules and budgets for all project stages
· Develop a detailed work plan for all architectural, engineering and construction disciplines, allocate hours to the work plan and monitor project progress weekly
· Lead an integrated team of architects and engineers in the quality assurance and quality control procedures for all deliverables, specifically the construction drawings and specifications
· Lead and attend regular coordination meetings for architectural, engineering and construction disciplines in all project phases
· Ensure timely communications throughout all project phases, develop and maintain meeting minutes, and follow up on all action items
· Monitor, control and report project progress (% complete) on a monthly basis as part of the project review process
· Manage the procurement process to ensure subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards are administered in accordance with company policy
· Participate in monthly project reviews to review project, budget work plan, schedule and risks
· Coordinate with staff, contractors, and relevant authorities to address and document issues with constructability
· Attend and conduct progress meetings before, during, and after the duration of the project to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns with various key stakeholders; prepare and issue meeting minutes
· Ensure that all project close out documents are submitted and forwarded to appropriate parties upon completion of the project
· Act as the primary liaison with staff, contractors and project team
· Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project including responsibility for overall adherence to site safety policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering; or related discipline 10+ years of experience as Project Manager;
· Experience managing a team of 5+ direct reports;
· Adept knowledge of land servicing and construction methods;
· Highly analytic and able to work with construction drawings and figures
· Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills with project stakeholders, the public, clients, regulatory agencies, and consultants/contractors;
· Experience assembling, managing and delivering construction contracts;
· High-level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Project).
· Solid background with the application of project management best practices, tools, and techniques.
· Possess superior leadership, time management and problem solving skills
· Demonstrate an ability to coordinate with other team members and to collaborate with other professional disciplines
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC, or Registered Applied Science Technologist (AScT) with ASTTBC considered an asset
· Project Management Professional (PMP) designation with the Project Management Institute (PMI) considered an asset.
This position requires completion of a confidentiality agreement and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada (be Canadian citizens, permanent resident status or current work permits).
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Laura Serafini|
|Address||PO Box 1900|