|Employer||Windermere District Social Service Society (WeCONNECT)|
|Terms||Undetermined Timeframe Casual Position|
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? Do you have a background in the Social Services sector: Health Care Assistant/Care Aide Background? If yes we have an opportunity for you.
• Community Living Support: Relevant post-secondary education and/or experience in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities is an asset.
• Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License and be willing to obtain a valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License.
• Must be willing to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification and Food Safe Certificate and obtain a clear Criminal Record Check.
• Be in Good Health.
• A strong ability to plan and work independently while actively involving individuals in this process.
• A positive and pleasant work attitude, effective communication skills and the ability to relate positively to the public are essential.
• The Residential Support Worker will assist clients who have a diverse ability living in a group residence setting to participate as fully as possible at home and in the community. WeCONNECT ensures each client’s physical, emotional, social, educational and medical needs are met.
• Candidates with different areas of expertise will work with individuals who need support from that specific background to ensure they are getting the best possible care.
• Facilitate ongoing learning opportunities for personal growth and development of the individual.
• Facilitate opportunities for the development of personal relationships.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of personalized plans.
• Promote Positive Behaviour Supports and effective communication.
|To Apply||Please use the contact information as directed in the listing.
Résumé Via Email
|Contact Name||Donna Jefferson|
|Address||750 - 6th Ave. Mount Nelson Place|